Life Lately.

Happy Easter! I decided to do a recap of my usual end of the month posts.

What we've been up to:

We spent Friday morning at home, and then went to the movies in the afternoon, #BatmanVsSuperman.
Saturday we went for the first time to the Dom, more about that coming in my ABC's of Hamburg Series in April.
Sunday morning was spent with friends and their kids.
Monday (today) was also like any other Sunday, chilling at home.
Linking up with: The Larson Lingo for #WhatsupWednesday.

What we did for Easter:

Two years ago when we were planning our first egg hunt in Germany we discovered that those refillable plastic eggs are not easily available here.  

Fast forward two years and many eggs being brough from the US. We finally have enough to have a fun easter egg hunt with around 200 eggs for approx. 25 kids. 

Granted, some of those were Kinder Überaschung (suprise) eggs and I took 15 confetti filled eggs. It was still a blast for both adults and kids!

What Pablo has to say.. 

#TheGuyBehindTheBlog link up
This month for "The Guy Behind the Blog" Link up we get to make up our own five questions, so I went back and asked Pablo a couple I hadn't previously asked, here are his answers:

1.Who would play your wife/fiance/girlfriend in a movie or TV show about your lives?
She would be portrayed by young Christine Taylor. (like how she looked in the movie "Dodgeball").

2. If you could write a book, what topic would you write about and why?
The future--a distopian future, like brave new world or 1984.

3. What is your favorite food to eat?
Any and every kind of burgers.

4. What is your favorite holiday and why?
Christmas, because I usually get to spend it with my family.

5. What is your favorite breed of dog?
Husky.

Linking up with: According to Laura Jean and Bettsy for #TheGuyBehindTheBlog

What we're eating this week:

I started a sort of food journal, where I write down ideas of what we I could do for lunch or dinner. I have been asking friends and family members what they've been eating and writing those down too, usually one week's worth of meals for each person/family.

I've been trying to be more mindful of Pablo and things he can and can't eat so it's quite the task. here's what we're eating:
This week's menu plan is a bit basic, but I am happy to cook this for my family of three.
Linking up with: OrgJunkie for #MenuPlanMonday

What I'm reading:

I read four books this month, three more than I was able to do last month, all thanks to Christine for telling me her secret on how she does it! hah. anyways, here are the books I read in case you need books to add to your list.
Four books I read in March. // The Girl on the Train, The Choice, The Accidental Tourist, and A Winters Tale // definitely must reads! Linking up to #TheReadingroundup

A Winter's Tale
I just finished this charming romantic comedy. It talks about a hard-up single mom inheriting a stately home, alongs with its ups and downs, the house is decrepit and its eccentric inhabitants are a nightmare. It is discovered that Winter's End played host to a young Shakespeare. They talk about him a lot in the book makes me want to go back and read some of his stuff!

The Choice
I like reading books that will be turned into movies and I enjoyed reading this story where two neighbors become more and their time spans the eventful years of young love, marriage and family, THE CHOICE ultimately confronts us with the most heart wrenching question of all: how far would you go to keep the hope of love alive?

The Girl on the Train
This is a psychological thriller novel about Rachel. She takes the same commuter train every morning. Every day she rattles down the track, flashes past a stretch of cozy suburban homes, and stops at the signal that allows her to daily watch the same couple breakfasting on their deck. Until this one day where she notices something different that turns her life around.

The Accidental Tourist
Macon Leary is a travel writer who hates both travel and anything out of the ordinary. He is grounded by loneliness and an unwillingness to compromise his creature comforts when he meets Muriel, a deliciously peculiar dog-obedience trainer who up-ends Macon’s insular world–and thrusts him headlong into a remarkable engagement with life.

Linking up with: Burke Does and The Morrell Tale for #BloggerReadingRoundup

What I'm working on

I'm drafting all my #ABCsOfHamburg posts for the A to Z in April Challenge If you want a peak at the posts click on the tab on my blog header.

Linking up with: Pinterest Told Me To for #WhatsupWednesday.

What I'm excited about

We're planning a trip to Vienna and Prague mid-May so I'm working on finding things to see and do in each city.
Linking up with: Mix & Match Family for #WhatsupWednesday.


What've you been up to?


This month's sponsor:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get to know me.

Young Living

15 maneras de preparar atun.