X is for eXciting.

I've taken this challenge as a way to get finally post many of my drafts. this one for example, has been in my drafts for two years. I typed this up right after it happened, but never got around to finishing it, I decided to just modify it to fit with the letter X. 

You can expect many exciting things to happen while living abroad, just as you do while living in your hometown. Here's one 'exciting' thing that we've experienced while living in Germany.

You know those times were you're just minding your own business but you happen to hear an airplane/helicopter, and you ignore it? On April 23rd, 2013 this happened to us, but it was different, as we ignored it it kept getting louder. When I finally looked out the window, I saw a helicopter trying to position itself to park in front of the house. 

 How many times can you say you've experienced his? 


The whole neighborhood was there very curious as to why this happened (the police mentioned that a neighbor had a heart attack or something, idk, I wasn't speaking much German), but we took advantage and took plenty of pictures! 



And on August 28, 2014 the same thing happened, but under different circumstances. We were at the park near the Harburg Rathaus while we were waiting for the bus to go home (I had just picked Avi up from Kita) when I started hearing the loud thwup thwup thwup thwup you hear when a helicopter is slowing down/stopping.. I decided we should go see it and we saw it parked in front of the Rathaus (town hall). This time I took a couple of pictures and a quick video as it was leaving and was on my way.


Notice, this happened shortly after Avi had cut her bangs.


Can you imagine how much this would cost? Good thing public health insurance exists,  they cover most/if not all of the fee, When we were taken to the hospital by ambulance last year it came to 350€ but we only ended up paying ten euros.

Ever been on a Helicopter?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get to know me.

Young Living

15 maneras de preparar atun.