How I cook Baked Ziti

I have a favorite dish, but unfortunately I am unable to make it here (in Germany) since it is difficult to get the ingredients. So I make my second favorite, Baked ZitiI first tried it while in training at Sutherland Global Sources, one of the guys in our group was a Chef so he did this and brought it for us, I loved it!! 



Today I will be sharing this recipe with you, I use the one in All Recipes as a guide, but I make some changes. If you have never tried this you could do it and hopefully enjoy it as much as we do here at home! :)


How to make baked ziti



INGREDIENTS:

1 pound [500 g] Cooked Ziti Pasta (or Penne)
1 pound [500 g] ground beef 
1 jar tomato sauce
1 can pizza sauce
15 ounces [your favorite] cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup Sour cream
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon pepper
8 ounces mozzarella, thinly sliced


DIRECTIONS:

[This is the way I prepare it, you can click on the links within this post for different versions.]
  • In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat. Drain the fat then add tomato sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. 
Layer as follows: 
    • 1/2 of the ziti/penne, 
    • pizza sauce
    • mozzarella cheese,
    • sour cream, 
    • meat
    • remaining ziti, 
    • pizza sauce
    • meat
    • mozzarella cheese,
    • sour cream, 
    • remaining sauce
    • Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
  • Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.

Guten Apetite!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get to know me.

Young Living

15 maneras de preparar atun.