Enchiladas Suizas (green enchiladas)

Happy Valentine's day!

Four years ago I decided to surprise Pablo with the perfect valentines day dinner, and since I have a friend who is a chef I decided to ask her for the favor of making everything for us (what a great gift, i know)!

I decided to ask her for our favorite meal, Enchiladas Suizas, and my favorite cake, Red Velvet. and to help fill us him we added a nice Bean salad to it. I bought all the necessary ingredients and she got to it, I sadly don't have any pictures of our meal, only this one, but I can guarantee it was delicious!

I had been going on and on about these enchiladas and decided today would be the perfect day to share the recipe.

Here's what you need (makes 12):
12 Maiz (corn) tortillas
3 Whole Chicken Breasts
200 gr Manchego Cheese, Shredded1 cup Sour Cream

10 green tomatoes (around the same size)
2 Serrano Chiles (or whatever green chiles you have available)
1/4 Onion
Cilantro
Here's what you need to do:
  • Boil the chicken with onion, shred the chicken.
  • fry the green tomatoes with the chilies in a pan with a little olive oil and salt on medium heat and cook until lightly brown. Once they are cooked blend them with the cilantro, 1/8 onion, and a garlic clove. Keep on low heat.
  • In another pan, Heat oil and fry the tortillas one by one, when the are ready fill them with chicken, roll them up.
  • Once rolled, place them in a baking dish and once you've done all of them, sprinkle with cheese and pour the green sauce over them, add cream.
  • If the sauce is warm enough it should melt the cheese, if not then you can stick it in the oven/microwave to melt the cheese.
guten appetite!


Here's another version:

My mom made these for me while I was visiting and there was a lot, so I took the leftovers and made some more the next day, I would be leaving the states shortly after and wasn't going to have access to corn tortillas in every store.

In the picture you can find: Shredded chicken, Maiz Tortillas, cheese, Sour Cream, Green Salsa.
All I had to do was heat the chicken in the microwave, fry the tortillas with Oil, fill with chicken, roll them up, sprinkle cheese over them, then the salsa. if the salsa is to spicy (like in my case) you can add sour cream.

If you try them out let me know how they come out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get to know me.

Young Living

15 maneras de preparar atun.