Boston POPS Firework Spectacular

We happened to be in Boston for the fourth of July, this was Avi's first time seeing fourth of July fireworks, and we were excited. We met up with Pablo's cousin this day and they were talking about how the fireworks were going to be really cool (and gave us recommendations of where to sit).
They took us to the river where the firework display would be, and although it was still early, it was packed. They told us of a good spot to be, but we decided to go eat dinner before settling there. We ended up eating yummy burritos at Boloco.
I came prepared, I took my camera and tripod in the evening and set everything up. I managed to take 14 pictures of the fireworks with my camera. my  pictures were taken with a Canon 30D + 50mm, 8s at ƒ/11.0  ISO 100. 

While not all of them came out good, I decided to post all of them on here, just to give you an idea of what you get with these settings. You can tell by looking at the pictures that it's best at the beginning, because there is more smoke afterwards.
IMG_5890 IMG_5891 IMG_5892 IMG_5893 IMG_5894 IMG_5895 IMG_5896 IMG_5897 IMG_5898 IMG_5899 IMG_5900 IMG_5901 IMG_5902 IMG_5903

In the end, the Boston Pops Firework Spectacular was not as cool as I expected. There are many reasons leading to this opinion, for instance; people come very early to start saving spots for their groups, and I think this is pointless, at least where we were, since as soon as the fireworks started people started standing up. 

The spectacle didn't live up to the hype, and although it was supposed to start at 10:30 they started around 10:34... yes those four minutes annoyed me, especially since it still ended around 10:56 and not 11:04. 

In my opinion, the fireworks we saw at Disney's Magic Kingdom back in January were much better, especially since Avi's reaction at the end almost made me tear up! But I am still glad we got to see this.


Have you shot fireworks, how'd it go?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get to know me.

Young Living

15 maneras de preparar atun.