Enchildas Suizas (& Meal Plan)

Hi everyone! I hope you had an awesome weekend and are having a good Monday!

There are certain ingredients that I wish were more readily available here in Germany. But we just have to live without them.  

So when a friend gave us some maiz (corn) tortillas he brought back from Spain, we were particularly excited.

I've added them to this week's meal plan and a few additional recipes that include corn tortillas.
Enchiladas Suizas
I took advantage and went to a store (not so close to our house) and bought green salsa to make my favorite enchiladas, but first, our meal plan:

What we're eating:

Sunday: Enchiladas Suizas
Monday: Mac & Cheese, The homemade version
Tuesday: Tacos
Wednesday: Migas con Huevo (corn tortilla fried in tiny pieces and then add eggs to the mixture)
Thursday: Chicken Parmesan
Friday: Pizza
Saturday: Currywurst

I had previously shared the recipe on here but I figured I'd re share it and add the corresponding pictures. I need to thank both my mom and my MIL for teaching me how to make these!Best Mexican Recipe "Enchildas Suizas"



Enchiladas Suizas

SERVES: 12

Ingredients:

  • 3 Chicken Breasts
  • 12 Maiz (Corn) Tortillas
  • 1 Cube Knorr or Chicken Bouillon
  • Any Meltable Shredded Cheese
  • Cream
Green Salsa
  • 10 green tomatoes (around the same size)
  • 2 Serrano Chiles (or whatever green chiles you have available)
  • 1/4 Onion
  • Cilantro

Instructions:

  1. Boil the chicken with chicken bouillon (or knorr) until fully cooked. Carefully shred the chicken.
  2. For the Salsa: fry the green tomatoes with the chilies in a pan with a little olive oil and salt on medium heat and cook until lightly brown. Once they are cooked blend them with the cilantro, 1/8 onion, and a garlic clove. Keep on low heat.
  3. In another pan, Heat oil and fry the tortillas one by one, when the are ready fill them with chicken, roll them up and place them in a baking dish  Repeat procedure with the remaining tortillas and chicken.
  4. Once you've filled the baking dish with enchiladas sprinkle cheese and pour the green sauce over them, add cream, per your liking.  If the sauce is warm enough it should melt the cheese, if not then you can stick it in the oven/microwave to melt the cheese.
  5. Serve and enjoy, Guten appetite!

Served Enchildas Suizas

Let me know if you try them and like them!



This month's sponsor:
Shop at Diana's E-Store

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get to know me.

Young Living

15 maneras de preparar atun.