Gastritis/GERD Friendly Meal Plan

Ever had bad stomach pains or heartburn in your chest area? My husband does and it's been so bad I've had to make some changes to his dietary needs. Finding a balanced meal plan for chronic gastritis was hard, some days are better than others, but we are trying a new low acid GERD friendly diet.

I found a list of things he can eat online and have been experimenting with those.  I am cooking more chicken and veggie meals instead of our usual meat and pasta meals. Here are five Gastritis friendly meals I came up with or adapted and some that friends recommended we try, As Pablo's gastritis goes away I might be able to add some of our regular meals to the mix.


Tuna Stuffed Baked Potatoes

4 large baking potatoes
2 cans tuna in water
1 stalk celery, chopped

Chicken, Broccoli, and CousCous

Couscous
Chicken breasts, cooked, shredded or cut into bite size pieces
Broccoli florets, cut into bite size pieces
Chopped celery


Tuna Noodle Casserole

whole wheat rotini pasta
Cream of Mushroom Soup
light tuna (in water)
1 bag frozen peas


Baked Potato & Chicken Casserole

4 large baking potatoes
Chicken breasts, cooked, shredded or cut into bite size pieces
4 slices bacon, cooked crisp, cooled and crumbled
1/2 cup heavy cream
We might not make this into a casserole, depending on how he's feeling we might just make baked potato with stove top chicken, since lactose is not recommended.

Boiled Potatoes served with a Salad.

Pretty self explanitry, boil the potatoes with a little salt and make a delicious salad.



Do you know anybody who also suffers from either GERD or Chronic Gastritis?
What's a meal they eat often?

P.S. I'm guest posting over at My Lttle Sunshines tomorrow.
Go check my post on top 5 European cities to visit



This month's sponsor:
Shop at Diana's E-Store

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get to know me.

Young Living

15 maneras de preparar atun.